The Rivkin Center is looking for a Development Director (1.0 FTE, DAY SHIFT) in Seattle, WA.
This position is responsible for the management of all operational activities designed to support the planning, execution and fulfillment of the Marsha Rivkin Center’s fundraising program. Serves as frontline fundraiser for gifts up to $50,000 and works closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop and manage strategic plans designed to identify, cultivate, solicit, and maintain relationships with individual, foundation and corporate donors. Provides leadership support to fundraising committees.
In this position you will:
- Works closely with Executive Director, the MRC Board of Directors, and SMC Foundation staff to develop and implement effective fundraising strategies consistent with the goals of the Marsha Rivkin Center.
- Provides leadership and support to Board of Director’s Development Steering Committee to assist in prospect identification and cultivation, volunteer identification, training needs and support, prospect strategies and solicitation support, and donor stewardship.
- Participates directly in the cultivation and solicitation of prospects for gifts up to $50,000, including individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Works to achieve annual corporate and individual sponsorship goals for the Rivkin Center two primary fundraising events: the SummeRun & Walk for Ovarian Cancer; and, the Family & Friends Auction.
- Designs and manages in twice yearly direct mail program and annual gift renewal solicitations.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years development experience
- Proven track record in fundraising strategy development, prospect development, direct solicitation, donor cultivation, and stewardship
The Rivkin Center is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. If you don’t check every box on the qualifications list, but are passionate about our cause and have a knack for fundraising, let’s chat.